Saturday, June 7, 2014

Bean's Spring Update


It's been a while since I've made a post. I haven't been feeling the best as I have been getting a lot of headaches and fatigue. While working a full time job, these aren't the easiest symptoms to deal with. I have a hard time falling asleep and started a new medication to help me sleep through the night. The periodontal office where I work has been going through renovations and keeping the office open during the renovations has been challenging at times. Also, I have been having asthma issues (my inhalers are no longer working) and I am scheduled for testing next week to try to figure out what's going on with me. (Look forward to the next post to find out!)

The past few months have also been busy as I am spending time with my sister and my new niece, Melanie. Melanie was born premature on February 7th (my anniversary with Abe!) but now is growing fast and becoming stronger and stronger every day! I visit my sister, her husband and Melanie on the weekends and help out any way I can. I have been enjoying seeing Melanie grow and her developments. She now smiles and I look forward to hear her giggle!


In April I participated in Boston's Walk MS for the 6th year. Walk MS is such a fantastic event and I am proud to say I raised $3,673 and in total Team Kaliope raised $4,353!  It always is amazing to see the amount of people who come together to find a cure for MS. The Boston walk was in a new location this year, and we walked 3.5 miles down Commonwealth Avenue by Boston University and looped around the Charles River for a bit before walking back up Commonwealth Avenue to the BU Indoor Track and Tennis Center. This year Team Kaliope was a little smaller, as I mentioned in my  that my sister had a baby so she and her family were not able to walk with us this year. I am now looking forward to next year's walk more than ever knowing my adorable little niece will be with us!

In May I had another JC virus test since I am on Tysabri, a monthly infusion, for my MS. I am thrilled that it came back negative! It is such a relief because Tysabri has been working so well for me, and if the test came back positive I am not sure I would continue on it. In comparison to other MSers, I know I have it pretty good. I thank Tysabri for that. July10, 2008 was my first Tysabri infusion, and am thankful I have been on this medication for almost 6 years! Next month will also be my 8th MS anniversary.

Regardless what is going on with MS, I just take one look at Melanie and all my problems just fall away! She has become one of the most important people in my life and my MS will not stop me from being the auntie she can count on!


No comments:

Post a Comment