Saturday, November 26, 2016

Fashion Plates 2016: A look backstage


Earlier this month the Greater New England Chapter of the National MS Society hosted their annual fashion show fundraiser, Fashion Plates, at the Sheraton in Boston.
A friend asked if I would volunteer to help backstage. I was happy to say yes, and am so glad I did. 
It was a really fun day to be with friends, and make new ones. The room was beautifully decorated and each table had a different set of flowers. I happened to come across table 20, so had to take a picture since I was born on the 20th (of March).  
 
 
 
 
 
 
Me and Lori as she gets ready to walk the
runway
Me and Lori before the show
I was especially excited to finally meet Lori Grande. You may recall I did an interview with her for a previous blog in 2014 called MS Warrior: An Interview with Lori Grande. We had both attended Walk MS Boston earlier this year but with the amount of people attending, we were not able to spot each other. Lori is kind, encouraging, inspiring 
and so easy to talk to, just as I thought she would be. We bonded over the love of our nieces!










Those shoes!!!
In the red lipstick
by Danielle Keefe
The NMSS hosted over 650 guests and raised well over $120,000! They had wonderful raffles, I especially liked the one with the shoes from Sarah Jessica Parker. There were other great ones too, and local business had booths. I personally enjoyed the display by Danielle Keefe. She volunteered her time to help the models with their make up and after the show was at the booth. I tried on a beautiful red lipstick called "Glamour Puss" and later bought it online after I received so many compliments on the color. Check out Danielle Keefe Artistry. She has many beautiful products and colors. I love supporting local businesses, especially when they support ending MS!
 






The whole day was a lot of fun and it felt great to help the NMSS with one of their fundraisers. I hope one day to model in the show, but until then, I am happy to volunteer again. It is always great being around people who are all there for the same reason... to help find a cure for MS!
The beautiful models as they get ready for finale on stage:
champagne toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment